Sunday, June 26, 2016

Last Week in Milan


I cannot believe that our last week in Milan went by so fast! It's crazy to think that I will no longer be in Italy. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming, I can't wait to come back.

We learned a lot about fashion that week and we went around the fashion district. We went into Armani, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Tod's, and so many others!

We had to go into groups and talk about one brand. Our group had Tod's. It was very nice, elegant, and modern. I wish I could buy a pair! At the end of the week, we did a presentation. I was so nervous for that part but I was told I did great!

During that week, we got to hang out with our tutor, Ilaria, one last time. It was so heartbreaking for all of us to say goodbye to her. She's been so helpful, welcoming, and loving that we just can't believe we had to say goodbye.

She took us to lunch to grab gelato one last time with her. It was so fun and very refreshing!

Her birthday was that Saturday, so we got her a birthday card and signed it, saying thank you and happy birthday! She really loved it and cried when she read all the messages from us!


My lovely tutor, Ilaria!


Class picture with Ilaria!

One my very last day in Milan, I went down the Navigli and the Duomo one last time. I went with a group of friends and we had Mexican food in the Navigli, and gelato in Duomo. Duomo has been my favorite place so far since coming to Milan (as I've mentioned before), so I got a bit emotional once I had to say goodbye one last time.


Rome


The day we left Milan, a group and I went to Rome. We had to run because we were late! We missed our train, but we managed to get on a faster train after we talked to an employee, so we arrived earlier than expected! We were very blessed!

It was a crazy day. We had to wait to get to our place forever, but it was so random. I'm still laughing about it.

That night, we decided to go out for a bit to the Roman Colosseum. It is gorgeous! We walked around for a bit before we headed back because it was late.



Roman Colosseum





The next day, we explored Rome a bit more. We visited The Vatican City, which we went to Saint Peter's cathedral then. It was so mesmerizing, and I felt so overwhelmed because I know that my grandmother would have loved it. We then walked 350+ stairs to reach Saint Peter's done. My soul died on the inside. But it was worth it!

St. Peter's Dome


On top of St. Peter's Dome--all of Rome!


St. Peter's Bascillica

After, we headed to the Roman Colosseum during the daytime and went inside. That was so amazing to see, and I felt the history run under my hands as I slid my hand across the walls.

The last thing we saw in Rome was the Trevi Fountain. Even though I was there for only a short time, I took it all in as long as I could. It was hypnotizing and it was a lot smaller than I imagined! But gorgeous! I tossed a coin and made a wish! Felt like I was in the Lizzie McGuire movie (haha).

Trevi Fountain

But for now, ciao e baci! (Bye and kisses)

No comments:

Post a Comment